Sustainable Natural Everyday Beauty

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

In the words of Howard Zinn: 'small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world'. So, this spring I stepped up my game and tried to only buy/use organic, natural, sustainable cosmetics that are not only good for my eco-system, but also our planet's eco-system. My biggest challenge was to find great and simple, everyday beauty products that have no plastic packaging. Having said that, I discovered a bunch of true gems. So if you're committed to natural beauty and you want to be more zero-waste, go slow replacing things one-by-one and eventually, you will make a huge difference.

Here are 13 ways to do just that:

From the top: 1. MOA 'Hello sunshine' energising body oil to use as a lotion - 2. Mable bamboo (club) toothbrush subscription that will be sent to your door every 3 months - 3. Fat and The Moon 'green man scented balm' aka your new perfume - 4. Herbivore Botanicals sea mist in lavender for messy summer hair - 5. Dr. Bronner castile bar soap for the whole body and your face too - 6. Elate Cosmetics universal creme to make your skin dewy and radiant - 7. Muehle safety razor for shaving - 8. Uncle Harry's peppermint toothpaste - 9. Schmidt's deodorant - 10. Georganics mouthwash - 11. La Tierra Sagrada shampoo - 12. SW. Basics cream for your face - 13. Butter Me Up Organics sunscreen.

Any favourites?

P.S: Plus, a few homemade recipes you might want to try.
P.P.S: The atlas of beauty.

(Quote via The Beauty In Simple. Top photo via Her New Tribe. Layout by exPress-o)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This list is great, I really try to look out for the ingredient lists but it' often very time-taking. You just made my life. Jill

Jillian said...

i love the packaging on that body oil! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Bionica said...

Diana I haven't been here in quite some time
I'm trying to get back to what I enjoy so much, blogging
this young lady has amazing eyebrows
and thank you for sharing such great products
good for the body and good for the earth
-Bionica

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring Elate! <3

Jillian Haddad said...

Love these!!! Thank you for featuring our sunscreen, I see some awesome things I need on this list!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, glad to hear that:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, beautiful, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Unknown, my pleasure!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian Haddad, my pleasure:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Bionica, glad to have you back:) Missed you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk